visiting the parkside spa
We are excited to welcome you back to The Parkside Spa and we kindly ask for your cooperation as we navigate our re-opening. We are part of an industry that offers services which are not conducive to social distancing, so we require the patience and understanding of our clients to help mitigate risk using the following guidelines.
At this time, we are not accepting walk-in’s for appointments or retail/gift certificate purchases. Please email or call ahead to book your appointment. If you are purchasing retail products without an appointment, please email or call ahead so we can prepare your products in advance and take your payment over the phone. We are happy to consult with you and answer any questions to help with your product selection.
We have a modified treatment menu at this time. Some services will not be available until further notice and some treatments may have been modified since your last visit.
We are not offering access to the spa’s relaxation lounge, or the hotel’s pool and fitness centre. We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to reopen these facilities to our clients in the near future.
No outside food or drink is permitted in the spa. Please refrain from bringing excess belongings with you. You will not have access to a locker during your visit. Robes and sandals will not be provided at this time. If you are having a pedicure treatment, please wear pants that roll up to the knee and bring your own open toed shoes.
your spa appointment
Please wear a mask to your appointment if you have one. If you do not have one, you may purchase one from us when you arrive. You will need to wear it for the duration of your visit.
Our team will be wearing masks, as well as face shields and gloves where necessary. Our team will be following strict protocols for hand hygiene as well as proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE). We have plexiglass barriers in place where possible in order to separate clients from team members.
There will be a hand sanitizer station outside of the spa. Please use it before entering.
Please arrive at the spa exactly 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment and please come to your appointment alone. If you arrive earlier, please wait outside or in your vehicle until this time. Please wait for a team member to invite you into the spa. Appointments will be staggered to avoid multiple guests arriving or departing at the same time.
A team member will take your temperature when you arrive at the spa and you will be asked several questions before commencing your treatment:
- Have you traveled outside of B.C. or Canada in the last 14 days?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms? Fever, dry cough, runny nose, or fatigue?
- Are you living with or caring for someone who has any of these symptoms?
If you have a fever or answer yes to any of these questions, you will not be able to receive your service. We will reschedule your appointment without any cancellation charges. We have a no-charge cancellation policy in place at this time and we ask that you to cancel your appointment in advance if you are feeling unwell.
frequently asked questions
We have temporarily simplified our treatment menu, to ensure that every service or treatment can be performed safely using the guidelines established to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Our revised hours and treatment schedule allows us to practice heightened levels of hygiene and sanitation during and between appointments.
Our new hours of operation are: Thursday – Sunday, 10am – 5pm
The Parkside Spa has heightened our already rigorous hygiene and sanitation practices.
- We have increased time in between appointments for thorough cleaning and disinfecting.
- Our team will be wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during treatments such as masks, gloves, and face shields.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers where possible to separate our team from clients.
Our staff will have their temperature taken before the start of every shift. If they have any COVID-19 symptoms, they will be required to stay home.
Yes. When you arrive at the spa, please follow these steps:
- Please arrive exactly 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive earlier, please wait outside for a staff member to invite you in. Do not enter if there is another client in the reception area.
- Please arrive to your appointment alone and with minimal belongings. No outside food or drink is permitted in the spa at this time.
- A team member will take your temperature and ask you some screening questions before allowing you to begin your treatment.
- You will be shown directly into your treatment room; the locker room facilities are not available at this time and we will not be providing robes or sandals. If you are having a pedicure, please wear pants that roll up to the knee and bring open-toed shoes if you are having polish applied.
Yes, you are required to wear a cloth face covering or similar during if your visit. If you do not have one, we will have disposable masks available for purchase.
The nature of most spa services does not allow for social distancing between a client and their therapist. which is why we have mandated the use of PPE for our team members and we require our clients to wear a mask during their treatment.
We have reduced our client capacity limit and we will stagger appointment start and end times to allow for appropriate social distancing between clients. We will not allow more than one client in shared spaces (such as the reception area, washrooms, etc.) at a time.
The spa’s relaxation lounge/waiting room will not be available during your visit. We ask that clients depart promptly after their service ends.
These facilities will not be available to spa clients at this time.